Monday 16 April 2012

Suffocating - Marion Distante, Aged 13


I am suffocating
And I just need to breathe
I'm smothered under pressure
I must be relieved.

Nothing I do is right,
Nothing they say is fair
I cry and scream and throw a fit,
But no one seems to case.

Nobody will listen,
To what I have to say.
My life is not important,
Yet I'm living every day.

I can't do what I want
I cannot stay out late
Here I sit and write this poem
To release my pain and hate.

I'm confused and I'm alone
I'm lost inside my mind.
No one will search beyond my looks
To see what they might find.

So many thoughts confuse me,
Feeling I can't perceive,
In this time of adolescence
And I just need to leave.

None of it makes sense
None of this seems real.
And noone understands
The emotions that I feel.

I'm still suffocating
And I still need to breathe
I'm smothered under feelings
Let me be relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment